Flock Association of Europe
Flocking and its advantages
Many articles for the daily use are flocked.
This not only serves the optical beautification and the haptic, but also has a whole number of other reasons.
The possibilities to give an object an additional, new characteristic by using flock or better by flocking are hugely versatile.
We’d like to use this page to give you a small impression what flock can do.
- Apart from the optic characteristics, such as:
- Surface refinement
- Optical revaluation
- Colourful composition
- Flocking meets with a large number of technical requirements, such as:
- Sealing off
- Tolerance adjusting
- Avoiding vibration noises
- Smooth gliding
- Avoiding condensation water
- Touch-protection at high temperatures
- Noise reduction
- High absorption
These are only excerpts of characteristics which can be achieved by flocking.
And for design and appearance, flocking is the ideal process in order to realise a unique form or structure.
Flocking may be carried out on almost all surfaces.
Here are some examples: textiles, wood, glass, metal, plastics, rubber and much more.
Let us convince you!
Flock is fascinating – an incredible technology.
Our members are flocking specialists and just the right business partner for you.
- Some practical applications:
- Window guiding profiles in the automobile industry to improve the sliding properties
- Painting rollers and coating pads for a good application by varnishing with depot effect
- Coverings for the burning-in elements in photo-copying equipment and in laser printers
- Flocking of the insides of trapezoid steel sheets
- Cleaning cloth and cleaning cards get a better and a more gentle cleaning effect
- Flocking of glove boxes and deposit and holding compartments in vehicles for noise reductions
- Upholstery furniture fabrics and floor carpeting to have an upgrade in optic and haptik as well as maybe acustic
- Guide rails or profiles for the noice reduction of sliding elements
- T-shirts, leisure wear and casual wear for design effects and nice surfaces
- Sports wear and tricots besides the optical effect it also gets the advantage, that for examples number on the back, are not reflecting during broadcasts
- Inside flocking of tents and Blinds to insulate and for the reduction of condensation
- clamshell- and handling tools for the protective transport of sensitive goods
- Cosmetic tips and applicators have the technical function of a brush with depot effect
- Bakery-baskets to avoid the sticking of the sticking of the dough
- Postcards for the optical and haptical upgrading/refinement
- Utility wares like cups, coasters and mikrowave dishes to achieve an interesting haptic with an insulating feature as touch an clatter protection
- Hanger to avoid clothing dropping down
- Cases für jewellery, glasses, mobile phones or parfume to avoid scratches, for the good performance and the precious display
With our new technic brochure you get the chance to try the different advantages yourself with flocked platelets. You can order the brochure here.